Tuesday, October 8, 2013

New York, New York!!!

Best idea ever for your birthday weekend grab three of your bestest friends and head to NYC for a couple of days.  I had never been to the big apple.  It was FABULOUS!  Just like movies and television make it out to be.  Busy, loud, bright and amazing.  We rode the train.  SO. MUCH. FUN! 
We got up at 3:30am to catch our 6:30 train. So so so early.  
The most fun train guy ever! Molly and I walked by him and he said to another train guy "these are the two we have read about on the Internet" lol I told him we didn't talk about that in public.  Later he came back and asked us of we were going to NYC when we said yes he said "I'll call ahead and warn them." As he walked away I told Molly "Good idea. our husbands work on Air Force One we know you should always call ahead when preparing to visit New York."  LOL!  
We stayed at the Marriott Marquis right in Times Square!  Amazing!!  The view from our room 
I have better pics on my camera I'll upload another day. 
We are lunch at Carnagie Deli.  Delish pastrami!  Mione and I had the chicken salad with three ponds of bacon.  Ok maybe not three pounds but it was a lot! 
After lunch we headed to Central Park to take a carriage ride and then went to a food cart called "waffles and dingles" BEST. TREAT.  EVER!  If you are ever near Central Park do not miss it! 
We went to FAO Shwartz and had a great time with all the toys.  Look!  The BIG piano!  
We were so busy we didn't even have time for dinner!  We grabbed tickets from the TKTS booth and headed out.
Love this pic of the four of us in Times Square! NYC at night! We went to see Cinderella on Broadway.  It was AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! 
We went to bed around 1 and were up at 5:30 am to check out of the hotel and head to battery park to catch our ferry to the Statue of Liberty.  It was the most beautiful day!  We had such gorgeous weather and the bluest skies without a single cloud. 
We had tickets for the crown tour. Which means we climbed allllll the way to the tippy top!  354 stairs UP.  It was hard but worth it! 
Lady Libertys view of Manhattan
After that we headed to Wall Steet.  This is the New York Stock Exchange. 
We decided later that DC and NYC are
both very powerful cities.  NYC has financial power and DC has political power. One thing they have in common is that a lot of money changes hands there everyday.  However the people in NYC talk about it while the people in DC keep that whole part on the down low.  
We had lunch visited the Chelsea market -sorry no pics from my phone- then went to the World Trade Center memorial.  So very, very sad.  I am so glad we went. 
This is Freedom Tower built after 9-11. 
We went to Times Square and did some shopping then took one last shot before we headed home.  We could not have packed in one more thing!! We were exhausted but laughed almost the whole ride home.  
Blessed to have these ladies in my life!!!!  
 

No comments: