Did a training today with the YW presidency in my ward. It is always weird to be a stake leader in your own ward I think. It is sometimes weird to be a stake leader period. Lol. Lana and I trained another ward last Wednesday i had never done one before and I am so grateful for Lana and her leadership. I often leave whatever it is -a meeting, or an activity or a training wondering of I said or did the right things. Lana is a great example and I am thankful to be able to serve with her. I have to speak this coming Sunday in another ward. I did it twice at the beginning of the year and I was so nervous the first time but the second time was easier. I hope this time is easier too we will see! We had a great lesson today on the pioneers and their trek west. Today we focused on the Martin and willie handcart companies. What an inspiring lesson it gave me a totally different view of doing trek next summer. I know I will identify with those who just wanted to give up, those who did not think they could go one more step. But I hope also to identify with those who were drawn closer to The Lord and those who gained a testimony that they could do hard things. I know I will be praying for three days straight! :)
1 comment:
I know that you, Mrs. Tara Huhmann can and will accomplish anything you dream (to include a 3 day trek). Personally, I see every challenge bringing me closer to the Lord in some way....and I learn something about myself too. Your a strong lady and I know you could trek for not just 3, but 33 days!
Post a Comment