Lame.
Today brought day 3 of school. Haylee forgot her lunch today, I gave her $$ last week before school started for just such an occasion. After thinking about it this morning I knew she would feel awkward about taking cash up to the register so I quickly set up and put $$ in her account so she wouldn’t stand out for paying with cash. I texted her and she said she would be ok. I knew she wasn’t going to eat. And she didn’t. I also know that she is going to have to do things that make her uncomfortable in life. I wish I could give
her anxiety the boot so her awesome self could shine through. But her anxiety makes her who she is. And she’s awesome so there ya go. I can’t imagine being a junior at a new school. She sat alone again today. Clubs start next week and she will find people. Her people. ❤️ I made chocolate chip cookies for her that were coming out of the oven when she got home.
Each day after school she and and I sit in the study and chat about her day for a bit. I make sure my phone is in the other room and that I don’t have anything pressing at that time. It has been great!
After we chatted I got a text from a friend that her daughter needed help with her geometry homework and asking if Haylee would be willing to tutor her. Chelsea came over and Haylee spent about an hour going over her homework. Haylee had her own homework but ya know “Service before self” I am thankful for my smarty pants kid.
Keva and I went to lunch today and to run an errand. It was so fun!!! I am so thankful we are stationed here together. I think we could talk for 17 hours straight! Seriously. Lol. It has been nice getting to know her better. ❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment