Sunday, September 23, 2018

Chilly

I have shocking news!  It is cold in North Dakota.  

Joe and I did a few Halloween lights on Saturday and it was COLD.  We also went to a neighborhood bbq.  Again, COLD.  I needed gloves and a hat.  When I went out to check light placement last night I put my coat on!  Lol.  Of course the cold isn’t a surprise.  But was surprised to need a coat in September.  The crazy thing to think of is it isn’t going to get warm again until May.  That said, for now, I still choose this weather over 90 degrees and sweating.  I am a sweater girl not a sweaty girl.  Ha ha.   
I have not been sleeping great lately and it is a total bummer!!  I woke up at 2am and was just awake.  Had to be at ward counsel at 7:30 which means leaving the house no later than 7:08. My emergency preparedness presentation went well. I have to teach the lesson to the whole congregation next week and it makes me nervous.  I am an emergency preparedness baby.  That along with my Sunday school lesson will be a lot of prep for me this week. I am not enjoying my Sunday school class.  They are nice enough kids I just don’t feel like I am reaching them. At all.  I definitely expected it to be easier.  I love teaching the youth. Well, the young women.  Throw boys into the mix and it just seems to be a million times harder. I think we are going to play a game next week. It may or may not be related to my lesson lol.  I need to shake things up! 
I decorated for Halloween this week.  One of the hard parts of moving is figuring out where holiday decorations go in a new space.  Many of my decorations have sentimental value and I love having them “just right”

This pic was taken when I was taking a break from trying to decide where everything was going. It made my brain hurt.  I think I have it figured out.  I will take pictures tomorrow and post them.  
In other news I went to the doctor last Tuesday and I am pretty sure I am going to have a hysterectomy. My doc told me I should have one a year ago but I was too busy lol.  I am thankful for modern medicine and good insurance but I am not looking forward to a major surgery.  I see another doc next week to talk options and timeline. I am hoping to wait until the beginning of the year but we will see what she says. I know I will be glad to have it done. 
We had steak and baked potatoes for dinner tonight.  It was delish. 

No comments: