In addition to teaching Sunday school I am also the “ward specialist”. What is a ward specialist you ask? Well, it means I am in charge of employment, housing, food storage, ward emergency planning and general emergency preparedness. It’s a lot. But our ward is small and not super needy so it hasn’t been bad. I am teaching the lesson this Sunday during third hour. It has felt intimidating. I am not excellent at preparedness. I would say I am a third grade level of preparedness person. Would you ask a third grader to teach everyone? Um, no you would not but that is not how church works. (Side note: I typed is and not in the previous sentence with no space and it autocorrected to idiot. It looked like I was typing “no you would not but that idiot...”. Made me lol had to share..) anywho, I invited our ward high counselor over tonight to talk about the ward plan. He is over stake stuff in that area. Super helpful. He is also prepared to teach if I run short on time. Woo hoo. My main goal of this lesson is to gather information. I made emergency preparedness surveys and we will take the same surveys in six months to see if we have improved our overall preparedness. Hopefully it will be a good gauge as to what needs to be focused on. I didn’t think I would like this calling at all but I like it more than I thought. Yay. Now if Sunday school would just come along we would be good to go!
It’s homecoming week and Haylee went to a bonfire and capture the flag activity/color bomb thing at school last night with her friend Chelsea. She had tons of homework but did as much as she good and went. She had so much fun!! I am happy to see her being social.


She is dog sitting for our neighbors and loving every second of it!! In other Haylee news is the center of her first love triangle. Two boys are vying for her affection and one is particularly set on turning her against the other. But that Haylee girl has a strong head on her shoulders and is not easily swayed. I love her. She is witty and kind and has dealt with the attention well. I am so thankful for gospel standards that help her know her worth and stay on the straight and narrow path. She is a good girl. I am thankful every day!!
In other news, tonight’s sunset was gorgeous and included a rainbow even though it wasn’t raining here.


The skies here are breathtaking!!





Blessed to live in this beautiful place.
No comments:
Post a Comment