Sunday, September 16, 2018

Weekend

Friday night I went to a stake relief society social.  I did NOT want to go.  The new medicine I am on has made me feel sluggish and sick.  It is not a party.  However, I knew I should go t and that I would be glad I did.  It was a minute to win it evening.  I arrived a few minutes late and did not feel welcome at all.  No one said hello or gave me any directions. I didn’t see anyone from my ward.  I stood in the back (there were no more chairs) by myself for about 10 minutes.  I considered leaving.  We finally god divided into teams and I ended up having a good time and meeting some new sisters.  Another sister in my ward invited me to Applebee’s afterward, I still wasn’t feeling great but knew I needed to make some effort to get to know my church people. I have felt disconnected here in that respect. A few sisters from the other ward that meets in our building came with us and we had so much fun!!  Still didn’t really connect with my ward ladies but that will come in time. 
Saturday night was the Air Force Ball.  It is always fun to have a reason to wear a ball gown.  :) Everyone wants to feel like a princess from time to time.  We have always enjoyed going to the ball. We heard the ball at Minot was less formal that we were used to but that was a huge understatement. No key note speaker, no table assignments, you could just sit wherever, a buffet dinner, a candy bar for dessert.  The evening seemed disorganized and the program did not run smoothly.  On top of that the audio was horrible.  You could not hear one thing that was said.  Hopefully there will be some good feedback given and the event will be better next year.  
My hair. A cute girl named Hannah did it for me. She has been married for five minutes (ok, like three months) her husband is brand new to the Air Force. 

Inside photo 

On the porch :) I love this dress. 

By the BUFF 

Warbirds for the win.

My friend and neighbor Amber. 

Ladies from my ward.  I wanted to take this photo so we could show the young women you can be classy and beautiful!  

My other friend and neighbor Stephanie.  Love her. 

A missile truck in the background. 

A WWI uniform.  Things have changed :) 

Today I missed church due to my being sick from those dang meds.  I called my doc Friday to change them.  Hopefully we find something that works and doesn’t make me super sick!!  

No comments: