Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Temple Day

Went to the temple with Keva today.  The temple is in Bismarck, two hours away.  A few weeks ago  Keva (we were stationed in Missouri together for 5 months and she is one of my favorite people ever!!!) -asked me if I wanted to go to the temple with her once a month.  I jumped at the chance!  It is hard not having a built in temple buddy.  And having Keva as my temple buddy is a HUGE bonus!  We have so much fun together and can laugh ourselves silly.  She is a wise lady and I am thankful for her example of leadership and kindness to all. Anyway, we left the house at 8:30 and got to the temple at 10:40 (we got stuck at the gate for a few minutes on the way off base but it gave us an opportunity to pray before our journey. #Winning) The temple is so so so small.  My mom would say it’s  a cupcake temple. :)  You have to call ahead and make a “reservation” so they know you are coming and have enough temple workers.  There is an 11:00 session every third Wednesday which works out perfect for Keva and I. We went to lunch at MacKenzie River afterwards.  Apple and chicken flatbread with a MacLovin —chocolate chip skillet cookie??  So delish!!!!  My favorite restaurant in North Dakota for sure and Bismarck is the closest one.  We got home around 4:30.  Left 15 minutes later to take Haylee to ice skating.  Came home and dropped off a surprise diner to a neighbor. It was 7:30 at night but they can have it tomorrow.  :) 
Last night was the Spouses social. It was a order mystery dinner and it was a blast!!!  I played Abby Oakley a sunshine sharp shooter moonlighting in a variety show.  Turns out I put my sharp shooting skills to the test — I was the murderer!!!  We had it at the stables on base. It was so so so fun.  Also, it is getting colder.  47 for a high tomorrow and a chance of snow flurries tomorrow night!  I am up north now!  Woot!
In other news Sierra had a flat tire today.  Poor girl called me crying.  Thank goodness it happened in the parking lot at work.  She ran over some glass. She got a new tire this afternoon and all was well. 
Goodnight friends.  

No comments: