school every day. I make sure my phone is in the other room. Sometimes I have a cold drink or treat waiting for her. I give her my 100% undivided attention for as long as she wants to talk to me. Today she came in and plopped down. When I asked how her day went she replied “awful” she then to explained how it started and continued to go downhill. She auditioned for the fall musical Tuesday. Today the cast list was up and she did not get a role. Only about 15 kids did out of 40. She is on the props team. She debated whether or not she wanted to do it but decided she really wanted to be part of the show. Last year she was an ensemble character in Bye Bye Birdie. She loved it!!! She was sad she didn’t get a part. Third hour is AP chemistry for her. Everyone in her class is a senior, they have all taken chemistry. She has had a rough time in that class. She feels so lost. That is a foreign feeling to her. She is a fast learner and always catches on quickly. She hates being the “slow” kid. She cried as she told me her struggle with considering dropping that class. She doesn’t want to disappoint us -which of course we are not. She is very hard on herself academically. I assured her it was ok with us if she dropped the class. She will talk to her chem teacher in the morning and her counselor during her free hour. Prayers that it is an easy switch to physics or regular chemistry and doesn’t mess up her entire schedule. During 6th hour she was playing first base and the runner ran into her as the pitcher was throwing her the ball and she took a ball to the jaw/throat. Her throat is really sore tonight. Poor kid. It was a long frustrating day. We had the Sister missionaries over for dinner, we had breakfast. It was a nice dinner and I hope that the blessings we get for serving are given right to Haylee. 💙
Also, I got this sunshine headband in the mail, I ordered it from amazon since I am the sunshine chair for the Minot Spouses Club. ☀️ it’s pretty fancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment