Haylee is off school for a couple of days due to a teacher education conference so she and I headed to the DMV this morning to switch our Missouri licenses to North Dakota ones. I also wanted to make sure and register to vote. We only waited about 20 minutes and it was an easy switch on the licenses. And it turns out you don’t need to register to vote in North Dakota. The only state is the union without voter registration. So weird!! You just show up on Election Day with an ID card that has a North Dakota address and you are in. Probably not a very secure way to vote but there ya go.
After that we headed to the zoo. Such a gorgeous day to soak up some sun. My foot is a little worse than yesterday so Haylee pushed me in a wheelchair lol. She is a good caretaker. We love the zoo here!! It is small but has beautiful grounds and lots of “good” animals.
We love to watch the big cats. The Tiger was pacing and pacing.
He is gorgeous. We named a lot of the animals today this is Tiberius.
The daddy giraffe, Melvin, and baby giraffe Macario (that is the baby’s actual name not our made up one)
The momma, Gloria and daddy.
The wolves were out. I can’t remember what Haylee called them. One started with an F
The sun peeking through the trees.
Haylee with the lioness, Sirabi
After the zoo we grabbed a late lunch at Qudoba. Not as good as chipotle but it will do. Haylee drove home and we stopped at the grocery store really quick.
Tonight I had a Spouses social to go to. Our theme was Fear Factor! It was fun. And gross. I stick my hand in a bucket with worms, mealworms and other gross stuff to sift through dirt and find some pennies. It was yucky. I dressed up as a witch doctor.
So yuck.
Steph and me. She is hilarious.
I made me a doctor nametag. Fancy!!
This was a delish trifle that Jessica made. So dang good!!!
Then we headed to Josh and Kristy’s with some other Chief neighbors for a fire pit since the guys are off tomorrow and it is so warm out! Love our neighbors!! A great day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment