Saturday, October 13, 2018

Urgent care, ice skates, seminary

I have been substituting seminary this week. The real seminary teacher is deployed, the substitute had to go out of town. That makes me the sub sub.  Ha.  I do not do mornings lol.  It hasn’t been as bad as I thought.  I only have four kids in my class.  One of them is Haylee.  Today it was just she and I for our lesson. 
I made a matching game for doctrinal mastery.  :) 

Last week we finally ordered Haylee some ice skates.  She has been taking lessons and LOVING it.  Rental skates are not ideal.  Skates are expensive. But since she is the last kid at home and not growing any more we decided they would be an early birthday gift. And maybe Christmas. And I also made her promise to obey everything I said until she is 30. I think it’s a win.  Lol.  Here she is hugging her skates. 

She was soooo happy.  She went skating with the Spanish club tonight and got to try them out.  She LOVES them!  
On Monday Joe was off work for Columbus Day, we ran some errands and did some Christmas tree shopping.  We have two nine foot Christmas trees.  We do not have 9 foot ceilings.  One of them we can leave the top off and it should be ok. The other one not so much.  Joe asked if we could just have one tree at this house.  I really wanted two and since he is the best husband ever he agreed. Our shopping trip was a success and we will go back in a couple of weeks to buy it. 

The last couple of weeks my right foot has been bothering me. The last couple of days it got so bad I can’t put very much weight on it.  Last night I was in tears.  I suspected tendinitis but figured I would see the doc just to be sure. I called first thing this morning but she couldn’t see me today so they suggested urgent care.  I really didn’t want to go but after my third agonizing trip to the bathroom I relented.  It was exactly what I thought. Thank goodness urgent care was awesome and speedy.  Nothing to do for my foot but try to stay off of it.  I did that about half the day yesterday and most of today.  It feels a TINY bit better tonight.  I hope it heals quickly.  A day on the couch always sounds good until you have to do it.  Blah.  
Elevating it. 
My friend Lisa drove me to the doc today and we went to lunch afterwards.  Shoes aren’t comfy so I had slippers on.  I’m not too cool to go to lunch in my slippers.  Ha ha ha. 

Last night Joe had an event to attend.  There was a bunch of stuff going on at work.  I took this pic because it epitomizes what it is to be a Chief. Well, for Joe.  Personal cell phone in one hand, work cell in the other, dressed and ready to go support his Airman as they graduate from ALS.  

I had to add this pic if of Sierra.  She posted it on Facebook last week and I love it!!!  
Speaking of Facebook. The prophet challenged us to take a 10 day break from social media. I went cold turkey last Sunday night. It has been good.  It is an addiction for me for sure.  It hasn’t been super hard.  When I use it again I will set some serious limits.  





No comments: