Saturday, October 6, 2018

Nothing exciting

This last week was just a regular week lol.  Nothing too exciting to report. Except maybe that it has snowed 3 times this week!  Unusual, even by North Dakota standards.  
This picture is the morning of October 1st 
This is a pic of me, Joe and my mom on my 43rd birthday.  I take a pic of myself every year on my birthday :) this year it was of the three of us instead of just me. 

The fall colors in front of the commissary were so pretty.  So many shades all in one spot. 

This is the tree closest to the building. 

Everyone complains/warns you about winter here.  That it is SO HARD, SO COLD, SO YUCK.  Obviously this will be the coldest place we have lived.  I think part of the reason it’s hard for people is there is so much darkness.  We have started taking vitamin D and a b complex to combat the winter blues.  

Snow outside the back garage door.

We went to first Friday tonight at the club and had a great time.  The food was awesome and they had a great DJ.  Me and my friend Stephanie were the only ones dancing.  Whatever.  We are a party to go. Every time I see a little red headed cutie I think about our grandkids.  We don’t have any yet but I sure hope they take after their momma with red hair.  This little one was especially adorable. She is my friend Jessica’s daughter. Her name is Eleanor. She was dancing and I went to take a video of her.  When I stopped she put her arms up to me. I held her for a few minutes and when her mom tried to take her back she wouldn’t go.  It was so cute!!!  Can’t wait to have our own little grands!! 

This weekend is General Conference.  I cannot tell you how much I look forward to these semi-annual conferences.  What a blessing it is to be spiritually uplifted in such a great manner. I also don’t have any complaints about the 11:00 start time!  😜 There were several announcements last conference that made people gasp. In a good way.  Inspired changes.  I am certain this conference will be the same.  My mom is convinced we are going to 2 hour church.  She is leading the crusade I think ha ha ha.  I am not a fan of that idea at all.  But I know our prophet is the mouthpiece of God.  As he and his counselors speak in unison it is as if God himself said the words.  So no matter what the changes I will go forth with faith and serve to the best of my ability in this little corner of North Dakota.  ❤️❄️💙
Until tomorrow....this has been circulating on social media. It is pretty funny!! 



No comments: