Monday, October 22, 2018

Oh Canada 🇨🇦

This will be a less wordy update than usual :) I need to be quick and cover a lot and it is my bedtime so here ya go....
Four day weekend:
Thursday- Haylee and I got North Dakota drivers licenses. The wait wasn’t bad, my guy was nice, Haylee’s lady was crabby. (I may have blogged about that already lol) 
Friday - we got up early and grabbed our passports so we could head to Canada.  We didn’t have any place specific in mind as far as Canada went Haylee was just dying to say she has been out of the country. We went to the international peace garden.  International -yes.  peaceful -sure, we were the only ones there. Garden-not so much.  Lol.  We knew we were late in the season but had no idea where else to go near the border.  It was fun to stand right on the line between the US and Canada.  We left Haylee in another country!  Lol. On the way home we stopped in a little town, that starts with a B Bonniteau I think?, to eat. We found a place that called itself a family bakery with a cafe.  We all had roast beef sandwiches -DELISH! We bought a dozen doughnuts for the road and wished we had bought 5 dozen!!  Best doughnuts we have ever had.  EVER. The bakery is 80 miles from our house and I would consider driving there just for the doughnuts!! 
Joe and I in Canada, Haylee in the US

Beautiful birch trees all throughout.

DAM! 

The US side really is sunnier 🤣



There is a big path between the trees all along the boarder.  So cool!

Haylee is in two countries at once. 

The Canadian side had a 9-11 memorial.  I had to pee like crazy so we didn’t have time to check it out any closer. 

That little stream is the divider in this part of the park 

We are in Canada! The border patrol guy for Canada asked us a bunch of questions, A BUNCH! - one of them was “where are you going in Canada?” Us “we have no idea” him: ummmm ok, how long are you going to be here? Us:  15 minutes?  We really just wanted to drive across the border for a bit and go back.  I am sure he thought we were weirdos. 
Joe thought he could drive 100mph, um no, try 100klm per hour :) 

The best doughnuts EVER!!

Haylee strapped them in so they would be safe. 

Saturday Joe washed the van and got it all sparkly. I drove Haylee to a stake dance 2 hours away in Williston. It was a barn dance.  It was 3.5 miles down a dirt road.  ðŸ˜‚😂😂 no more sparkly van.  Also, in North Dakota when they say barn dance.  They mean BARN DANCE....

Haylee and fun except for the fact we forgot she is allergic to hay.  There was hay all over the place, did I mention it was an actual barn? Lol. She sneezed the night away.  When she got in the car and we started talking about it we were cracking up.  Such a good memory. 
Sierra, HD and Kass are at Disneyland today. Sierra sent me this pic.  She is the CUTEST!!  


Wish I was there with them!!!  

No comments: