and I need to be good to go. I spent the day reading my scriptures and watching football. Not the holiest way to spend the sabbath but it is what we did.
I FaceTimed with HD and Kass who were over at Krissie and Ammon’s for dinner. I sang with Dean-o the bambino and he clapped when I would finish each song. ❤️ That little cutie can say “HD” plain as day but will not say “Tia” to save his life lol. So rude. Kass is feeling super sick today but was a little better this evening.
Sierra texted me from a church fireside that was not going well. A well-meaning speaker, who is a nutritionist, stood up and talked about how all medicine is bad and if you have any degenerative disorders or disease in your body it is because your mom fed you sugar and you have a poor diet. He also said anxiety and depression were your fault. Sierra said the first thing he said was that in the Family A Proclimation to the World the “only” thing it says about women is that they are supposed to nurture children and that women in the church do a terrible job
of that. He said that there is sugar galore in nurseries across the church. I wonder how many nurseries he has served in. I know he meant his message to be one of good nutrition is important and makes our bodies function better but he went way over the line on his topic. Poor Sierra was a mess. She walked out in the middle of the meeting and went to the bathroom and cried. Thank goodness she has a strong testimony and personality. She went to her bishop afterward and let him know how the speaker made her feel and asked him to think of others who may have anxiety and other health issues and how it would make them feel. Her bishop was understanding and loving. I am glad she felt like she could go to him.
Haylee thought it was hilarious that after she killed a fly I was determined to clean its guts off the ceiling even if I couldn’t stand up.
HD and Kass are on the far right of the picture dancing with the BYU folk dancing team in the homecoming parade. So fun!!
No comments:
Post a Comment