I think this pic sums me up (well at least for this last week) I like to be outside, I am very ready for summer, I have big kids, I do not have to swim, I get to relax by the pool, I have been waiting 17+ years for this moment, it is blissful!
Okay for the the first day I am supposed to tell you five things that have shaped me most as a person.... hmmm... tough question.
1. My religion. I am a mormon. We are Christians. We are not weirdos -well most of us I can't speak for everyone . :) We believe in Christ. We believe that families can be together forever. The gospel brings me so much peace and happiness. I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and who cares about the smallest concerns in my life. Miracles are everywhere. If you want to know more you can go to mormon.org.
2. My children. My whole life all I ever wanted to be was a mom. I used to fill out a questionnaire in my journal about once a year and every time I filled out the "what do you want to be when you grow up" the answer was always "a mom" that is still my answer. My children are the most important people in my life (along with my hubby of course) I put them before a career, money, time for myself, fancy vacations. And I wouldn't change a thing. I love being a stay at home mom. I hope I am doing a good job. So far my kiddos are honor roll students, good leaders, great examples, they are hilarious and gorgeous and none of them has ever been arrested...hopefully this is a sign they are all on the right track and that I am still in the running for mother of the year. Although I did wreck D's car a couple months ago....not sure if I am still a front runner due to that incident. :)
3. My divorce. I was married to HD and Sierra's dad for 5 years. We were married very young and it was not easy. This shaped me as a person because I became more confident and found out who I was through the process. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through but I am so glad I did!
4. My husband. Joe is amazing. He is the hardest working person I have ever met in my entire life. If I ask him to do something for me, it's done. That very minute if he can. He takes such good care of me. He has an awesome job and has earned all of the respect and promotion he has received. I know that I come first in his life. He loves me unconditionally, he is the first person in my life that I have known that.
5. The military. This has definitely shaped who I am! It has been a part of my life for the last 14 years or so. Being a military spouse is not easy. You live in great places, you live in not so great places. You move, if you don't move your friends move. It is sad but then new friends move in and things are happy again. Our family motto is "Bloom Where you are Planted" we try to live by this. You can bloom anywhere if you try hard enough. I am a very lucky military spouse for a lot of reasons. My husband does not deploy. Ever. The longest we have ever been apart is like 37 days. That is unheard of in the military. I am so grateful. Because of his job now we will be stationed here until he retires. All of the guys he works with are in the same boat so we do have a lot of friends who don't move either. That is a HUGE blessing.
So that's a little bit about me to start off. I hope you enjoyed learning a few things. Heck! I think I even learned a few things!
P.S. My nine year old is still awake and it's 11 o'clock pm on a school night...does that make me a bad mom? I hope not because this happens almost every night. What can I say the kid is a night owl like her mama, and for the record I put her to bed at 10, and also for the record she is home schooled so being up until 11 isn't too big of a deal. I just hope this doesn't put me even further out of the running for mom of the year after this. :)
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing! YOu are a great mom and a great person!
It's always fun to learn about cool people like you, I look forward to learning more :)
Fun! I look forward to all I will learn! What a great idea!!!
Post a Comment