Sunday, June 5, 2011

A favorite book

Oh I LOVE TO READ! In fact, that should have been number one on my favorite things! In my Grandma Seamons life history one of the facts in there is that she loved to read and would often stay up way too late when she couldn't put a book down. That is the story of my life!!! I am always so excited to start a new book and then so sad that it ends. My probably favorite books of all time are the Harry Potter and Twilight Series. I LOVE series books. I read the Fablehaven series a couple of months ago and have read it again one more time since then. After that I started a series called "The Hound of Rowan" it is probably in the "teen readers" section of your favorite bookstore but I really enjoyed the first three books. The next book in the Rowan series comes out in 2012. I didn't realize when I started these books that the series wasn't finished. I hate starting a series before the author is finished with the entire thing. Waiting for the next book drives me bonkers! (yes, I was one of the crazy people in line at the bookstore at midnight waiting for those last three Harry Potter books!) My most favorite app on my ipod touch is my Kindle app. I told my hubby he better give me a book allowance because now I can just buy books with one touch! Love it! Currently I am reading "The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" by Amy Chua -HOLY COW so interesting!!!! It is a comparison of "western parenting" and Chinese parenting. It is written by a Chinese mother and it is hard to say if she was so mean or so brilliant in her child rearing. You will DIE when you find out some of the things she made her kids do. It is a great read so far and one that would make a great book club book. As you are reading you really want to call your friends and go "CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT?" It captivates you because you can't decide if this lady is crazy or brilliant. lol :) After this I plan to read George Bush's Decision Points, then probably the new book out by Rick Riordian "The Throne of Fire". I could seriously read all day. The good news is that all three of my kiddos are voracious readers too. We always get them gift cards to Boarders or Barns and Noble for Christmas and that is one of their favorite gifts. It cracks my dad up that they are that excited to go to the book store. :) What are you reading my friends? Let me know! I am always looking for new material.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Funny, one of my book clubs is reading The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother this month...you should join us when we discuss it, ha ha, it's at LeeAnn's.
Sounds like we have a lot of the same tastes. I too love reading and I'm always glad to see my kids diving into books :)

LeeAnn said...

Ahhh...Kiersten beat me! We are reading this book! Book Club is Thursday the 16th at 7:30 if you are intersted!! We'd love to have you!