There was a meeting tonight for the parents of the Class of 2012. Wow, those people are OLD in just one short year they will have a kid graduating from high school which automatically makes you ancient -not as ancient as if say you have a kid graduating from college or if you are a grandma but still, you are moving right along the old people train. Uh, wait a sec....I just realized that I am one of those old people! Wait, wait, wait! I was a senior just a dozen (give or take 8 or nine years) years ago. I am way too young to have a kid graduating from high school right??? I am SOOOOO not ready for this. I cannot believe that this time is here. I know how fast the next 12 months will go, I know how fast I will be dropping him off at college. I am NOT ready!!! I am screaming it NOT READY! NOT READY! NOT READY! Guess what??? It doesn't matter, no one cares. Okay, well maybe they do care but that still doesn't help. I am going to tell you a secret, you can't make fun of me okay??? Promise??? I have had a breakdown, sometimes a few tears and sometimes a lot, almost every day since the 7th of June when the class of 2011 graduated and I officially became the parent of a senior. I know I am a crazy person. It's okay, I've come to terms with it. Now I just need to come to terms with my baby graduating from high school next year. Did I mention I wasn't ready? I have considered telling the school I am pretty sure he is a cheater and that I'm not even sure he can read so he should probably go back a few grades. Do you think that would work? Seriously people, I need ideas here. I'll leave you to ponder on it let me know when you come up with something good because I AM NOT READY for my brown eyed boy to leave.
1 comment:
Don't feel alone. Just recently I cried over the knowledge that next year is Taylor's last year of elementary school and I cried over the knowledge that Spencer just finished Kindergarten. They just grow up way too fast and I HATE IT! NOT READY EITHER!!!
Post a Comment